Further to the discussion Revolution of Artificial Intelligence. How Al Will Change The Future Work Place ?, Artificial intelligence is the beginning of a new era of technologies which replaces human, saves time & energy. AI techniques have become an essential part of the technology industry, helping to solve different kinds of problems in computer science. Artificial intelligence is also known as “Machine Intelligence (MI)”.
So, today we are going to discuss about Artificial Intelligence and its revolution and how it affects human lives work environment in various sectors. First of all we look for a definition what AI exactly is.
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI) ?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the ability of a machine to think and learn. It is also a field to make computers more “smart”. John McCarthy introduced this term as “Artificial Intelligence” in 1955.
In a simple manner, we can say that AI is a machine which mimics human thought process or we can also describe it as a device which maximum optimises human intelligence by the help of contemporary technology known as Artificial Intelligence.
History of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Artificial Intelligence, as a concept was originated in early 1950s, whose brief description was published by Alan Turing. In this description a possibility of machines with true intelligence was firstly introduced. After this revolutionary initiative, Mr. John McCarthy organised a conference at Dartmouth to discuss about AI. In this era the concept of AI was nothing more than just a fascinating concept of modern science, in which a bright future was remain to discover.
The big and resulting turning point in the field of artificial Intelligence took place in between 1980 – 2000 when military and academia begin to show interest in this, in various ways like Predator UAV was used by US in war and World Chess Championship Gary Kasparov was defeated by IBM’s Deep Blue in a chess competition. Thus things attracted the corporate sector towards this new upcoming technology.
2005 on wards many multi nationals stepped towards this sector. Big corporate of that time like apple, IBM, Google etc. started taking interest in investing in commercial application of both making and leaning of Artificial Intelligence. This was the history which made a pathway for the bright and developed future in Artificial Intelligence.
How AI Revolution Will Change The Future Workplace ?
In the coming years AI is quickly bringing the massive changes along with it. It will totally change the work system with their workers and that will decrease the time consumption and energy as well. Manual jobs, like lorry driving or house building are being replaced by robotic automation, and accountants, lawyers, doctors and financial advisers are being replaced by high level artificial intelligence (AI) systems.
AI is transforming almost every aspect of our lives from the workplace to the political arena. Even you cannot open a newspaper today without reading a story about some impressive advance in AI.
Not only in the financial field but it also affects science. AI isn’t just transforming science, it is speaking to you in your smart phone, taking to the road by driverless cars, and it will lead to mass unemployment. For scientists, prospects are mostly bright. AI promises to supercharge the process of discovery. Understanding the mind inside the machine is likely to become more urgent as AI’s role in science expands.
New technologies will automatically shift jobs and skills and it brings new product which shift jobs across occupations. Similarly new technologies will bring new work processes which shift skills in jobs. In the same way office workers will convert into ink cartridges without carbon paper. Economic history is full of examples of new technologies causing such shifts.
Workers often worry that new technologies will decrease the opportunities and destroy old jobs without creating new ones. However, economic history suggests that job destruction and creation have always gone together with a shift in jobs and skills that leaves most people still employed.
Advantages & Disadvantages of AI Revolution
Like any other technologies, AI is also having some advantages along with disadvantages and we need to learn about them too.
Let’s get started with the advantages:
- AI would have low error rate compared to humans, if coded properly. They would have incredible precision, accuracy and speed.
- They won’t be affected by hostile environments, thus able to complete dangerous task, explore in space and endure problems that would injure or kill us.
- Replace human in many laborious places of work.
- Organize and manage records more carefully than human.
- They can detect error easily and rectify them. Can detect fraud in card-based system also.
- They can think logically without having any kind of emotion and make rational decisions with less or no mistakes.
- They can assess people. Like robotics radio surgery and other type of surgery in the future can achieve precision that humans cannot.
- They don’t need to sleep, rest, take breaks during work or get entertained, as they don’t get bored or tired.
- Can cost a lot of money and time to build, rebuild and repair.
- They can store a lot of things in memory but cannot access itself as human can do.
- They have no emotion, no feeling and no common sense.
- Machine can easily lead to destroy if put in the wrong hand but humans cannot.
- They cannot not work beyond its programming but humans can do.
- They can learn and get better day by day with task if coded but can never become as good as humans are.
- They can increase unemployment and financial issues in humans lives, and decrease their personal & professional growth.
- Humans can become too dependent on AI and lose their mental capacities.
After all such descriptions we can say easily that this technology will definitely make a brand new tomorrow in which there will be less illiteracy, more creativity and much more opportunities for the next generation. This revolutionary technology will bring a new face of corporate sector which will definitely transform the face of country and the world as well.
Revolution of Artificial Intelligence. How Al will change the future Work Place ?
- 0 Comments
- advantage of AI
- Advantages & Disadvantages of AI Revolution
- AI for beginners
- AI for future
- AI history
- AI projects
- AI Tutorial
- all about AI
- Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence History
- Basics of Artificial Intelligence
- disadvantage of ai
- How artificial intelligence change the future of workplace
- IoT Boys
- Revolution of Artificial Intelligence
- start learning ai
- What is AI