Going further to explain How to Enable Multi-Room Music on Amazon Speakers Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Show . Like Sonos now, Amazon have introduced the Multi-Room Music for its Amazon speaker users. It means if you have different devices in your house like Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and Echo Show in different locations, then you can command Alexa to play the same music track in entire house. Well, this is a great thing which music lovers will want to try. So, here is the full article on how to set up Multi-Room Music and how to command Alexa to do it. So let’s see How to Enable Multi-Room Music on Amazon Speakers Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Show.
What Is Needed For Multi-Room Music to Work
First of all, you need to have Amazon speakers like Echo, Echo Dot, or Echo Show. However, Echo Tap, Fire TV or third-party Alexa integrated speakers does not have this feature supported.
Second, you must have an account to the Amazon Prime Music or Amazon Music Unlimited. The difference is that with Amazon Prime Music, you can only play one stream with a group of speakers at a time but with Amazon Music Unlimited you will be able to play multiple streams to different groups of speakers simultaneously.
And the most important thing is that your speakers should be connected with the same wifi network.
Note: For Multi-Room Music to work over a Bluetooth, you need to connect your Bluetooth speaker with Amazon Echo Dot with the help of 3.5mm jack.
Multi-Room Music uses its own Music services to stream and play Music like Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, and TuneIn. According to the recent update from Amazon, now you can also stream music through Spotify and SiriusXM. Bad news is that, you cannot play audio books from Alexa skills.
Now, we are ready to Enable the Multi-Room Music feature and stream same Music everywhere in the house
How to Enable Multi-Room Music Alexa :-
1. Open your Alexa app and go to “settings”.
2. Now scroll down and tap to “Audio Groups”. Click on the “Multi-Room Music” option.
3. This is a very important step as you need to create a group for the speakers to stream at the same song at the same time. Click on “create a group” and assign a name to it. For assigning name you can choose from the presets or give it a custom name.
4. After that, you will see the list of your Echo devices that you can use to create a group. Select from the list which you want to keep in one group and then click “Create Group”. But you must be careful as one speaker can be used only in one group. And for a group to be created, it must have at least two devices. Likewise you can create more groups.
5. If you want to remove a speaker from a group then, go to Settings > Audio Groups > Multi-Room Music, and click on the name of the group from which you want to remove the speaker. And then uncheck the mark next to the speaker you want to remove and then click on “Save Changes.” With groups having only two speakers you need to delete the group itself.
6. Now, you can command and control the playback of Music group by voice. To play Music: “Play music [Echo group name]”. Make sure that “Amazon Music” is set as default as Music service. You can also specify the playlist or any artist to play to the group. Like: “Play [radio station name]” on Pandora on “[Echo group name].” Also, if you want to the start playing music on the bedroom Echo, then you can command to stop the music on the kitchen Echo.
This is how you can set up Multi-Room Music on different Echo devices and stream Music through the entire house or wherever you desire. Although, Alexa’s Multi-Room Music has limitations and does not provide music services like Sonos. But it is a worth Music service which providing Multi-Room Music in affordable cost.
How to Enable Multi-Room Music on Amazon Speakers Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Show
Hope this article (How to Enable Multi-Room Music on Amazon speakers Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Show) helped you enjoying Music with Amazon Echo devices. For any queries please write to us.